Our video vet visits are hosted through the app, TeleTails. Getting started on the app is easy, and it’s even easier to use! Here’s how to begin:
- Download the TeleTails app on your smartphone from the Apple or Google Play store.
- Create an account
- Enable notifications (you don’t want to miss your vet trying to connect with you!)
- Link to our practice. Go to Add New Provider, enter the code VILVET and click the search button.
- You can then select a specific location: Decatur, Buckhead, or Stone Mountain.
- When you have a question or concern about your pet’s health, start a consultation!
When you begin a consultation, we’ll be in contact to set up a time for you to talk with your veterinarian that works for both of you. Be sure to have your pet close by at the time of your consultation, in case your vet needs to see them over video to assess their condition!
For What Situations Are Video Vet Visits Appropriate?
Veterinary telemedicine is very useful for a wide range of pet health issues, but it does have its limitations. Here are some of the best situations in which to use telemedicine:
- A pet with a chronic condition such as arthritis or allergies
- Sudden, acute conditions that are not critical such as diarrhea or ear infections
- Minor issues such as sneezing or coughing
- A change in behavior such as lethargy or scratching themselves more often
Video vet visits are far more useful than a regular phone call because we’ll be able to assess your pet’s demeanor, attitude, gait, and skin easily over video. From there, we can confidently prescribe medications and give you advice for their recovery.
What if My Pet Needs to Visit the Hospital
If for some reason we don’t feel confident assessing your pet’s condition over a video consultation, we’ll ask that you schedule a visit to come into the hospital. This allows us to fully evaluate your pet and provide them the highest level of care possible. If we do recommend your pet be seen at the hospital for a hands-on exam, possible treatment, and/or diagnostics, our in-hospital exam fee will be discounted by over 50%!
Have any other questions or concerns about our veterinary telemedicine services? Please call us today at !
Can My Pet Catch COVID-19?
Watch this video to learn more!